Wednesday, April 11, 2007

HELP ME HELP THEM!!!


4 years ago- March 30th (day after my wedding) my sister Shelly passed away from complications of HIV/AIDS. She contracted it from her long-time boyfriend who did not tell her he was infected till after their son was born. That son is healthy and still alive today! Shelly was one who was not "proud" of how she contracted HIV but accepted it, and made it her passion, her fight to help those who were infected and more importantly affected by this horrible disease. For that reason- we did not hand out rice or give our guests candles or anything to take home. We used that money and donated it to the Kansas City AIDS WALK organization. From that time on- we have raised several thousands of dollars for them. We walk for them- for ALL of them no matter race, creed, or sexual orientation... Each person INfected and AFfected deserves respect and the ability to continue to live their lives to their fullest- just like any other person with an ailment or disease.

Please donate to Shelly's Heroes- so we may assist those who need it - Please click on the following link and you can donate by credit card- or contact me at sherry@spluuu.com with the message AIDS WALK in it, and I will send you my home address so you may mail a check or money order to me directly. If you choose to mail it to me- I need it by April 28th.

THAT is the day we walk!!!!!

-Thank you!!!!

-Sherry Long

No comments: