Sunday, March 25, 2007

Back to Kansas

I'm back in the land of wheat - and almost #1 basketball team.
Iowa was a struggle this time - My Mom is so scared and lonely and unsure of what life will bring her without Dad. I wish I could reassure her- but I can't. I tried!!!! She is a very-strong willed person and I love her- but she is so hurt and broken right now.
Tonight - my church is having their semi-annual World Conference and our President/Prophet of the church counseled us to accountability- especially those who are ordained (like myself) - personally it was a clear answer to prayer. I have dealt with priesthood who think they can go the way of the world- instead of the Word!!!!!
I am a Minister- because I have accepted that call- that responsibility. I take responsibility for my sermons, for my ministry with others- I do not minister for popularity. I minister because I believe in a loving- faithful God. A God who loves me when I sin, and forgives me- when I do sin. I do not say- "f*" the church, or my faith- I respect the role that I have been asked to complete and do it the best WITH GOD at my side.
Was that a rant? I would have ranted more- but my laptop is slow- I type way-faster than the laptop can handle. ha ha ha!!!
Ok- Gotta finish watching "The Apprentice" and see how many points I earned this week.
-Till next time!
P.S. Please pray for my Mom!!!!

No comments: