Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving weekend- 2007










Ok I cooked my first turkey this year. Neither of the boys ate it though! They liked the side dishes better. GO FIGURE!!!



After lunch we put the Christmas tree up and decorated it. Nathan put his Home Depot and Lowe's decoration on the tree and 30 minutes later- they were off the tree - Whatever!



Then I did laundry and went to bed by 9:30. Why? So I could go shopping on Friday morning- the first time I have ever gone on "BLACK FRIDAY."



Mind you, we do not have a lot of money to do Christmas shopping yet, and earlier this week I had to replace 2 tires on my car. I also got word they are going to add insulin to my meds... so yes, money was an issue- but I still went. I went to Wal-Mart at 4:30am and got my CRICUT machine- (my Christmas present to myself) and I got Nathan's new Leap Pad. I also picked up a couple of small stuff for the stockings. After 8am I went to Hobby Lobby. I only bought a new 8x8 scrapbook and refills and new Candy Canes for the countdown to Christmas calendar. I then went home- did laundry and packed and we headed to Wentzville to go to Grammy's and PaPa's. I did sleep on the way there.



This morning (Sat) we went to the Winery in Hermann, Missouri for lunch and then to the Pea Ridge Tree Farm to get the tree for Grammy and PaPa's house. We met up with Chauntelle and Seth and their son Jacob. Jacob and Nathan had a blast!!!! Going to the restaurant at the Stone Hill Winery.


Then to the tree farm!


The FAMOUS CHOP-CHOP!!! The boys did a great job of sharing it. I gotta get more pictures from Grammy - looks for the second installment soon!

No comments: