Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bowling and Bad News Day

Nathan's Pee Wee Bowling League started today. First we went to nearby Burger King to get lunch, we thought we would play in the play area for awhile but their play area was closed, they had some damage due to all the rain we got recently. In fact, as I write this the sky outside is getting pretty gray again.
Nathan said "I am King right?" While we were eatig lunch we got a phone call from Grammy- PaPa (Great Grandpa- Grammy's Daddy) was being taken to the hospital in Centralia. He had quit breathing. So we were standing by.

We went to the bowling alley and hung out in the arcade there- lost about 75 cents to a few games. Daddy called from Texas and we talked to him for awhile while we waited for the league to start.

We bowled with Michael and Nicholus today. Nathan had a hard time switching lanes, but he had fun. He got real tired of throwing the ball down the lane, and he was the first one to get the ball stuck on the lane. The workers had to come over about 5 times to get his ball for him. His last two frames we got the metal slide thingy for him to use to throw the ball down the lane and it seemed to help a lot. Michael goes bowling with his grandpa every saturday and even though Nathan is the oldest- this little Michael throws the ball down the lane and even has his fingers in the right holes in the ball. Nathan still carries his ball with both hands.
His final score was 43. They only do one game- which is good because we got home after going to the bank inside Hy-Vee and he rode the horse there- anyway- we got home and he said to me....


"Momma put me to bed!" Oh, while we were bowling we got a phone call from Grammy, and PaPa passed away. It was very unexpected. So, we are heading to the middle of Missouri later this week.

Bud is in Texas on business... he has never traveled for work before. I think he was a bit nervous. But he is fine now. He is having a good time- eating Tex-Mex and seeing the sites. He is sending me pictures from his phone for scrapbooking.

This is Nanny and PaPa at Christmas this past year. We miss you PaPa. His Service will probably be on Saturday. I was to go to a workshop for interpreters on that day.
I have registered for my Kansas Certification as an Interpreter. I will be scheduling my Kansas written test sometime this week. After I pass that test I will have to take a performance test and that way I will get certified by the time schol starts. I have my national certification exam a week from Thursday. I have up to 5 years to take my performance exam after I pass that one. I heard it is taking over 6 months to get your results back- so there is no way I could be certified by fall... but I will get it all done- I have to!!
Well, that is the update for today. ...
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I pray that your family can find peace during this time.