Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hope?

Well, I haven't written again for awhile which is because I am burning the candle at both ends- AGAIN!
Nathan and I went to the Iowa State Fair last weekend.

Bud chose to go to his parents place. So I sent him some pictures on the phone and we chatted. When we returned home on Sunday- something was wrong. We have spent the week back at doctors. Today- Darren went back into the hospital. Darren is a good man deep down- He just isn't himself these days and he wants help and wants to be better. I am still sad- I love him so much and it hurts to see him in this state and know that he is so unsure of the future- all we know is that both of us want him better.
Here is Nathan enjoying a corn dog. He got to ride a school bus over to the fairgrounds. Gram came along with us.
She did great- hanging with us all day- and all the walking. We rented a stroller- but the wheels didn't work so great. We had to "pop wheelies" in order to turn corners. We got done- we were sore from the shoulders all the way down to our ankles!

Nathan had his last week of bowling. They handed out awards and had a "rock n bowl" time- he had more fun dancing than he did bowling. His highest game all season was 84. He only bowled a 44 this week.

Here he is relaxin'. He has 6 free bowling games to use up from this last week- so we are going to go bowling on Saturday since Daddy is gone.
Sunday I have to work Enrollment Day at KSD so he is going to go over to a friend's house and spend the day. I have put Sorenson VRS on hold for now- I can't work both jobs with Bud gone and even though we desperately need the money- I just have to wait. This was supposed to be my last week in training. But- again- it will have to wait.
As far as KSD goes- I am working as the Related Services Secretary until October. I get to keep my benefits until then. If the secretary returns- I have to go back to overnight at the infirmary or find a new job. If she does not return I have the option of applying for her position and getting interviewed and then possibly get the job. So- it gives us more time to get Bud all healed up.
Well, I think I have chatted enough. Thanks for reading. Please pray for Darren and his doctors.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So since scrapping is next week, I will be there at some point because my friend needs a hug!