Sunday, August 31, 2008

In Iowa Again

Well- I am back in the great ol' state of Iowa. Now... my hubby doesn't agree with that statement by any means- but that is HIS problem!

Today would have been my dad's 71st birthday. So that is part of the reason- it is still hard on Mom. The other reason is I was preaching at Central Congregation of the Community of Christ here in Des Moines this morning.

Darren and Nathan hung out in the nursery- which was ok. I guess. I kinda missed the little guy disrupting my sermon and services.

I could say more- but I won't.

We went to Wendy's drive thru for lunch- and took it back to the hotel. We ate and then we got ready for the pool- Nathan had a blast!!! I even got Bud to join us. He didn't want to go at first- but he came along in the end.

Came back to the hotel room and tried to get "little man" to rest bit but we all know how a 4 yr old is when they are excited! He did lay quietly for about 20 minutes. It is snack time in our room. We just went down to the vending machines and Nathan got a Rice Krispie Bar which cost $1.00!!! I got a Kit Kat Krispy- 75cents. Got Bud-Man some chips for 75 cents which seem to be expired and an extra bag of regular LaysChips for another 75cents. I also ended up getting a diet coke for $1.00 in the can! Nathan is saying "This is the best lunch ever!" He is so giddy and silly right now!
We were to go to Runnells to visit Tania but they ended up at Adventureland and I bet it was packed since it is the last weekend of summer. She isn't back yet--- we may not see them again. I haven't seen them since May I think or maybe June.
Kinda warm out here today. So we have the A/C up really high in the room. When we eventually leave this room to take Nathan back to Mom's it will hit us for sure.
Sorry- no more pictures- I forgot the plug for my camera- and my camera card does not fit the best in this laptop. I have to shake it out of my reader.
We are leaving for KS in the morning. Gotta get back to the grind of work and pre-school and life again. Don't have any time planned to come back until January for Monster Jam at Uncle Steve's place of work.
Oh- Bud is having issues with blurry vision and we think it is related to his recent med Abilify. He still gets frustrated and most of the time- it is with me. I don't know how to help him and how to live with him and share a bed with him at night- because he sleeps till 4am or so- and by the time I get home from work- he is starving and tired. I don't know how to get in sync with him like we were before.
Still working days at KSD until further notice. I really enjoy the job but they are really piling up the work at the same time. The audiologist is real nice- but the chick I am replacing right now- did not keep up on her work for her- and I am flooded with old filing and new filing at the same time.
Well Tania just called and they are still an hour away from getting home. Better call Mom and see what her plans are...
Happy Labor Day!!!!

No comments: