Friday, February 8, 2008

deep thoughts...

so- much... so much on my plate right now (not food wise- for once!) I don't know how it happens but it does. I know it isn't fair to the people I love- but deep down- it is how I survive. If I stop I am afraid I will stop forever. I don't want that to happen.
I have a full schedule again. I am back working overtime- which I love!!! I really truly love my job at KSD. I love the people I work with. Hubby and son both are in bed by 10:30. I am so bored waiting around till midnight. So I like going in at 9 and getting all the chores done early and having the rest of my night to myself.
I am scrapbooking tomorrow night! I am excited about it this month. We have a gal coming from Creative Memories. We will have over 15 gals there too! I may get more than 2 pages done- woo hoo! Although I did some scrapbooking at work this week. I put the pictures on the papers but left all my embellishments in the car. Started digital scrapping again too. Last month I only did a few pages last month.
Made it through the weekend- a year ago my dad died. Sunday was a bit emotional. Right as the Super Bowl kick-off happened last year he took his last breath. I miss him so much. I try to have my crying times during the day while I am alone at home. I did break down at home for a tiny bit on Sunday. Then again at work talking to Judy. But it was short. I know my dad is in a far better place and no longer in pain.
Back to my schedule... The last week of February I am interviewing (again) to become a Video Relay Interpreter. I really hope I pass their 2.5 hour interview!!! If I do I am going to work there part-time during school breaks and summer-
I am going to Wichita to learn a software program that we will begin using here at KSD in the Infirmary. My boss and another nurse and myself are staying in a Penthouse (one night only) while we are there.
Next weekend is Monster Jam! I know Nathan will freak out!!! I will post pictures when we get back.
I sat down here to write a really deep thoughtful blog and it turns into some kind of diary instead...
oh- one good thing... after 2 years of working with the congregation in Lawrence Kansas.... I am officially "done" with my role there as a facilitator in a program they were part of. A pilot program to redesign their congregation. I am a bit disheartened by it- not because it is over, but because the final outcome was nowhere near the final outcome that the project had planned. So now I have to write a report and present it to the First Presidency and to our Mission Center President and it just hurts my heart... I wanted this to succeed so much- but I guess it wasn't in the cards.
Summer time--- June is my 20 year high school class reunion. July I am working at a camp for deaf kids, then working at SPEC - a leadership camp for kids in Lamoni, Iowa and then I am going to a week of training for my ministry work... So nathan will be out of school for 3 weeks. I also have to figure out how to pick him up from St. Louis and get to Spec and him dropped off in Iowa.... but I have a few more months to get that problem solved.
Well, I am tired... maybe I will be more "inspirational" or something next time.

No comments: