Sunday, February 17, 2008

Monster Jam part one and more

Valentine's Day- I worked till 8am and then had to get some bloodwork done- for Heart Healthy program at work. I had to fast for 10 hours and we had kids overnight so it was a stressful night- my blood pressure was up, my blood glucose level was up (can't take meds if I don't eat) and I gained back 2 pounds that I had previously lost. But- my cholesterol was in the normal range!!! So that was great news!!! Then I rushed over to Nathan's Preschool "All 4 Kids" for their Valentine's Party. I walked into his room and he said "Ready to go!" I had to convince him to stay for his party. But after making cut out cookies, and playing outside and handing out valentines and playing Valentine Bingo the party was over. Oh yes, my camera broke too! I took him to Burger King (BK) because they have Monster Jam trucks for boys in their kids meals... I decided to go shopping for a new camera- I am addicted to my camera!!! He and I got home at 12:30 and napped till Daddy came home. I lost both boys Valentines' Cards. Then... went to work Thurs night- NO KIDS!!!! So I disinfected the infirmary. Friday morning I high tailed it over to Circuit City to pick up a new camera. It wasn't my first choice- but it works-
Friday afternoon - Bud arrived and we headed East....
to be with the in-laws and on Saturday we OD'd on Monster Jam.


Standing outside the Edward Jones Dome.

Pit Party- Bud and I checkin' out Scarlet Bandit. Dawn Cretin is the driver. She and her husband Jimmy (Bounty Hunter) are from Toganoxie Kansas! This is my new favorite one- next to whichever one Linsey Weenk is driving. ha ha ha!



Nathan's new favorite- Suzuki... He kept his Pull-Up dry the whole day- so mommy went to the merchandise booth and got him a Suzuki truck to play with. He was thrilled!!!
We saw GraveDigger and Maximum Destruction and Monster Mutt, and El Toro Loco, and Escalade. The Escalade driver came into the stadium right by us- got a out of focus picture of him though.
"Long" story- we got pics by all the trucks and then took a break... got on the Metro Link and went to a mall- and ate some supper. Watched some people making fudge and had "candy on a spoon" and then got back on the Metro Link and went back to the Dome. We got into our seats and poor little guy almost fell asleep. His head was nodding and nodding....
---gonna take a break here- look for more monster jam pics and news on the next blog

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! Now you can no longer say that no one reads this because I don't think I am no one! :) I may not comment all the time, but I will be watching you! Please try to take some time for you during your crazy schedule. You need to take care of yourself. I know you feel torn in all directions at times, but sometimes you just have to remember that sleep is so important and the housework can wait. I'll be thinking of you!