Thursday, February 28, 2008

Time- how do we measure the quality???

I am caught- caught in a predicament. I am once again caught in the trap of time and management of that time.
I enjoy my job and I especially enjoy the paychecks- but right now I am working 9pm-8am. On Tuesdays I come in at 6pm and stay till 8am.
Here I go- in a little more than 12 hours I will be interviewing for another job. This time with Sorenson VRS. I ache to get back in the field of Interpreting for the Deaf. I was not cut out for the "nurse' thing. I enjoy my job a lot at KSD. I just don't have the opportunity to advance or go to day hours- with my current position and certification. So I am stuck in a way.
I miss my hubby and son. But I have incurred bills and am trying to pay them off and I also need the health insurance because of my Type 2 Diabetes.
I am involved with the church- Community of Christ as an Elder- I preside and occasionally preach for church. Now Bud and I are family coordinators.
I teach American Sign Class to families that have deaf children.
I also have family issues in Iowa and so during Spring Break- i have to go up there and help get things straightened out.
Nathan has become a boy- he has his own opinions on things and is very demanding about what he wants and doesn't want.... I still am amazed that I am a mom of a boy. But at the same time- I am not his mom- I rarely see him anymore. I rarely see Bud anymore too.
I am so wanting to crawl into bed with him and put my arm around his belly and listen to him breathe.
I am so tired too. I feel guilty about my work and life schedule.

No comments: