Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Doors opening!

I can't believe that I forgot to post to this last week? !!! I got the job at Sorenson VRS!!! http://www.sorensonvrs.com/ I had my 2.5 hour interview. I got to the building about 30 min early. I sat and prayed and gave my interview to HIM- that I would accept whatever transpired. When it came time to "terp" I had phone calls that were related to a pharmacy and a dentist visit- HELLO!! I am working in the med field!! I was told I was the first one that could spell Ibuprofen and Tylenol correctly. They were very impressed.

I am a bit weak in the vocabulary area. I have been accepted into a Language Mentorship Program there to refresh my vocabulary. I will then be phased into the phones. I am also getting to go to Salt Lake City Utah to get a week of training- PAID!!! I am also getting prepped and assisted in preparing for my Certification exams. I will then be reimbursed for the tests too!!! I am so excited!

I start prepping for my exam this Thursday. I can't wait for this "Genesis Moment" to emerge!!! Who knew that I would once again be in this field?!!! Interpreting and being able to express myself through sign- and even better- being able to assist others through that skill is such a life high! I can't wait till I am done with the overnights.

Speaking of overnights--- I have decided that I am going to stay at KSD until Christmas break. This new job is 29 hours a week at the most. I will probably be sticking to 15 hours a week for the next 6 months or so. I will then try and get on with an Interpreting service or even branch out on my own and have my own Interp business- possibly getting in touch with hospitals and doctors offices to work there- since I have some medical background.

I can't wait to see and be with my family again! I am counting the days till May 21st. That is my last day for this school year at KSD. After that is when I will fly out to Salt Lake City and June is my 20th High School class reunion and July is Sertoma Camp, Spectacular, and CLW and then it is back to work.

I feel so blessed for life. For the past 5 years this ol' month of March has been so hard to get through. 5 years ago it came in like a lion and ended like a lion. 5 years ago... My mother went into a coma. My best friend's 19 month old daughter died, and the day after my wedding my sister died. The only good thing to come of it- was my wedding- my marriage and my family with Bud.

I am so thankful for that event. I am thankful for a man that supports me in all I do- and I have been all over in the past 5 years! He still is there waiting for me when I do come home from wherever I have been. I love ya Bud!!!

Well- it is 4am and that means it is time to take the garbage out here at work. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
Bud- my forever hero and scoundrel!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Coongratulations to you!! See, every step you take in life prepares you for the next, even if it means heartache along the way. You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job! Not sure I ever told you, but listening to your sister's story 15 years ago (was it really that long ago?) at Guthrie changed my life and kept the little voice in the back of my head talking loud at me until I met my true prince charming.