Monday, March 31, 2008

It is the end of March!

Ok just a few more hours of this horrid month are left.
Got word last night- a friend of mine that was diagnosed with cervical cancer last year is going to Hospice sometime this week. She is in her mid 30's and has a boy that is 8 and another one that turned 2 on Friday. That totally sucks!!! But from what I've heard from everyone- she is ready to go.
She helped me start the Scrapbookers group at the church. We are supposed to have an overnight crop the 11-12th of April- I currently have it on hold until we hear more. I suspect they may need the church for a funeral instead.
I hate this!!!! I really really do- why did God create us to live and build relationships with people and have connections with one another only to have those connections break down or to collapse completely?
I just don't know anything anymore.

The new nurse started at work on Sunday working nights- so I am no longer doing overtime at KSD. Which stinks- money wise but I am home a bit more with Nathan. Bud even let me read and put Nathan to bed the past two nights.
Tomorrow is my last sign class for the school year. I will be home on Tuesday nights!!! Thursday is my study group for the RID exam.
Took Nathan to the grocery store tonight after picking him up- he saw the flowers outside and said he wanted some at our house. So this weekend I think we will go get some flowers to plant outside. Kinda spruce up the place a bit. Maybe that will get me out of this deep funk I am in?
Anniversary was ok. Nothing too spectacular. We got out of babysitting on Friday night- so we ate a mexican restaurant- and then we saw Be Kind Rewind - at the theatre. I thought it had already been shown and was gone!! It was not your typical Jack Black movie at all! It has a sweet and feel good ending.
Saturday went to the Kansas Interpreters Conference at the Doubletree Hotel in OP. I connected with a few interpreters in the area and saw 3 of my new boss's there!! I only stayed till about 2 since it was our actual anniversary! Came home- my blackberry wasn't working right- tried to get it up and running- and then we headed to Crown Center.
Changed clothes- walked around Crown Center looking for our supper. Ended up at the Kabuki restaurant. Ate tempura and then went to the play. The actors were raising money for the AIDS Walk too!!! Went back to the room for a bit of romance but we were too tired. Slept in till after 9am!!!!
Went to Columbia MO to see Nanny in the hospital. They were getting ready to release her. We ate lunch at Hooters in Columbia too.
Slept in the car on the way home. Went to work at midnight.
It is nice having the family at home together again.

-gonna end it here....

No comments: