Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Break

I made it through the visitation and celebration service of Joan. It was a wonderful tribute to her. I also got reconnected with a few people from my past that I hadn't had contact with since leaving Mission Road.
I headed to Iowa. As you can see it was a pretty dreary day. I had torrential rains leaving Kansas. With 2 back tires that are getting pretty bald it was quite a ride. ha ha ha!!!

It was so nice to come home. I love coming home! I hardly get to anymore because of work and family. It does bother me that we see Darren's family a lot more than mine but there really isn't much I can do about it, especially now.

So- it is Spring Break!!! WOO HOO!! Even though the weather outside doesn't agree it is nice to just sit back and breathe.

We arrived here on Monday. Went to Famous Dave's!!! My favorite!!!! I also began the beatings of my nephew at Uno Attack!! We love this game! We play everytime I come up now. At Christmas we played and had a bet on it, and poor David lost and had to roll around in the snow in his pj's. HA HA HA HA!!!
So we decided this time- we would play again and we would play everyday and whomever is the winner on Saturday morning- gets bragging rights- I am still trying to get him to wager something a bit more- but he is a bit skiddish about it- because he knows who the real winner is!! ha ha ha!!!

Here is the update- We played Monday night- score: David 133 Sherry 180. Tuesday night David-479 and Sherry-626 (see a pattern here?) ha ha ha!!!

We also went bowling yesterday. We took Nathan with us- he was so cute- people were watching him bowl. His first game was 79 and his second one was 47. His second game we let him roll the ball on his own.
t
That's my little bowler!
We came home and he was tired. He laid down for about 30 minutes and then it was time for Monster Jam. I made meatloaf and we had salad and Nathan ate a whole container of cottage cheese for supper. I introduced David to the world of Jericho and poor Nathan crawled up on the couch and leaned against my shoulder and fell asleep. Took him to bed and then proceeded to beat David at Uno Attack.
Today we are going to see Horton Hears a Who and I am going to take David for a haircut. Then I think we might go bowling again- just David and I. maybe...
Yep-- it is Spring Break!!!

No comments: