Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Night- just got paid!

I got my first official check of the 08-09 school year and I got a 37cent raise- not even enough to buy a postage stamp- but it is still a raise!

Took the boys to Chapala for dinner to celebrate! Even got a sopapilla! We are livin' high now!

I have decided to get my life in order. I got a new Franklin Covey binder and calendar and am rewrting my Mission Statement and setting goals and just plain looking at this life o' mine. ANYWAY... the binder only comes with one month's of planning pages and it is undated and an undated calendar for each month (one of my pet peeves!) so- I found out I get a discount at Franklin Covey here in town cuz I work for the state of Kansas- and I bought some refills that will be really helpful and I got a cool colorful calendar for next year and well- spent about an hour and a half in the store. I got home after running errands and realized- I got the wrong size!!! I am so mad at myself. I swore it was the compact size- but no- I bought a classic! UGH... I really want to get started and now I have to drive back over to OP and tomorrow we have plans for the whole day- and Sunday they are closed! Darn it!! Guess I have to be patient.

Tomorrow we are going to Old Settler's Breakfast at KSD and then we are going to watch the parade from KSD and then--- head to Lenexa for the Spinach Festival and then back home for naps and back to Old Settlers. Nathan is pretty excited about it. I heard there is a slight chance of rain. I hope not.

I started going to a new Bible Study group this week. It is with other people at KSD and a few others from the Deaf Community. I get to observe other people's signing which is great! I get to know others in the Deaf Community as well.

Bud had to stay home Thurs and Friday because he is having blurry vision. This medicine is driving him crazy. He had a fit this week because I "over-helped" him. He thinks I am a freakin' mind reader. He has this agenda in his head and if I don't follow it- he blows up and walks out of the room. Like I am supposed to know what he is thinking!!! WHATEVER!!!

Did not get cleaning done like I wanted. A goal I am working on- but will get it accomplished hopefully Sat night or Sunday. Sunday we are going to Bonner to church and we have the offertory.

I really, really want to stay at KSD in this position. I think I can do some good there and build some permaneance there. This is the start of my 3rd year and my 5th position there. My boss Annie (from the Infirmary) gave me an employee review (she handed it to me) and I didn't even read it. She said it was all good. I should have brought it home... my head was not attached when I left today. I hope this week good things happen. I seem to be missing just a step- I forget a step or I overstep (both!) with people this week. Should have checked my horoscope.

Well- Nathan is tired and we got a busy day tomorrow- gotta clean out my car and get the stroller in it, so we don't lose the little man.

Till I decide to write again... All you expectant readers out there!!!!

No comments: