Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Upset and it ain't my stomach.

What a horrible day! I went to work at KSD as usual- It was picture day! My hair-- well-- there is nothing to say about it- I hate my hair.
Boss gave me a big project to work on- YEA! The interpreter even answered the phones for me while I worked on it until she had an IEP to go to. I had to ask my boss tons of question- which ended up being really stupid questions. anyway--- I am finishing up the big job and the phone rings and it is Bud. "Heeeeeyyyy Sh- sheeeerrrrryyyy" he says very slurred and slow. I immediately go into panic mode. "Bud? What's up? What is going on?" " Um... I don't know... I can't seem to stay awake, and I am having a hard time walking." Again very slow and slurred. "Well, I will come and pick you up ok? Stay there!" So I interrupt a meeting the Boss is in and explain that there is an emergency with my husband. She signs back to me "GO!" So I gather up my stuff and stop by the Infirmary to get advise from my other boss. She is an ER nurse when she isn't working in the Infirmary. She tells me to call the doc and to call Bud's co-workers to see what kind of information I can get out of them. so- I do that. I call them and head over to Bud's work. I also call my Mom who is at the church office. I ask for prayers for Darren.
Get Darren all picked up- try to quiz him without being "too quizative" because it "sets him off" and drop him off at home to rest because the doctor told us to come in at 4pm (we already had an appointment set up- thank God!)
I head back to work- sit down at my desk- go back to work on my project- type up the corrections that needto be made and then I realize- I don't have my job application in yet for the Para-job which I am to apply for- in case this secretary comes back on the 15th of October. yep, the one job I LOVE on campus isn't mine. The Administrative Assistant (secretary) is out on FMLA leave until mid October. If she decides to come back I am S.O.L. Because Bud can't deal with me being gone at night. So no more CNA for me- so this wonderful job as a Paraprofessional in the High School (one building I haven't worked in yet!) opened up and the person currently in it is leaving October 3rd. Anyway- I have to get this freakin' application in! The job was posted last week. I tried to get it in last week- but we had this big Fundraiser called DEAF Sunday and I was in charge of the bid booklet for the auction. It was horrible- I was at KSD all day Saturday with Nathan trying to get it done, and again early Sunday morning- and I completed it, and the Wii- which was donated and part of the Live Auction- did not print on the page and I didn't know it until an hour before the event!! anyway----I still need to get this application done and turned in!!!
So I am finishing up this application- right? I am compiling a list of all my job titles and duties at KSD on a form with the help of some ladies in the office and I get a call from Nathan's school. I NEVER GET CALLS FROM HIS SCHOOL- so I know something must be bad. I answer it and it is the director- Michelle. "Nathan just had a seizure here at school." "Does he have seizures?" "WHAT?" I responded back? "We have called 911 and they are on their way -would you like to meet us here at the preschool or at the hospital?" "At the hospital" I replied. I started freaking out!!! I had seizures (epilepsy) from the age of 3-7 and in my head I have always wondered if I could pass that issue onto Nathan. So I immediately hang up the phone and start to cry. The interpreter = Lori is there and she is wonderful!!! she is the one that told me about this wonderful Bible Study at work- and we share prayer concerns all the time. Anyway- she says she is not letting me drive by myself. She drives me to the hospital... Crap!!! Bud has a doctor appointment at 4pm yet!! I call another friend of ours and she gets her husband to come out and get Bud and take him to the doctor. Whew!!! got that scheduled. I of course call my Mom and she flips out- and I call Bud's mom and she of course starts crying too. We arrive at the hospital- beating the ambulance. Finally he arrives and he is still disoriented a bit. He knew who I was but did not understand why he wasn't in Mrs Brandy's room anymore. I talk to the doctor who was very impressive and quick to respond. I had forgotten to make copies of Nathan's insurance card since he had switched to Daddy's insurance- but we got that taken care of...
So- we wait... Doc looks at his throat and poor Nathan can hardly open his mouth- and Doc says --- WOW! His tonsils are really inflamed. He reads the EMT report and at the time they picked him up his fever was 101.3! They try and give him some tylenol and motrin. He won't have any of it- I convince him to take it- and he can play "bowling" on my blackberry... he agrees to it.. but doesn't even play half a game. He starts to whine a bit- and he gets sleepy. doc takes a throat culture- before they gave him his medicine----and we wait to hear if it is strep. So- Bud calls me and says "No doctor- I am coming to the ER!" He shows up. Nathan goes to sleep and immediately starts snoring. Doc comes in- No Strep- severe tonsilitus and we are to go see his pediatrician next week t0 talk about getting his tonsils and probably his adenoids out. So--- they offer antibiotic for 10 days or a shot of penicillan. I chose the shot- just because of his throat being so inflamed and he has horrible diarhea when he is on most anti-biotics... so they give him the shot- and he hardly cried. We have to wait 20 minutes to see if there is a reaction. I head back to KSD with Lori- to get my car. I am still freaking out- I gather up my stuff- I am supposed to be teaching Family Sign Class- but we cancelled it for this week. I turn on my computer and send some files to my home email so I can work on them- but forget to send my KSD duties document DOH!!! I start to leave and I got stopped by a few people and so it takes me 40 minutes to get back to the hospital. Bud calls me as I am getting ready to get off the interstate.
Ok-- so we stop by "EnDonalds" because Nathan wants chocolate milk. I hadn't eaten much lunch because I had to work through lunch due to picking up Bud at work... We get McDonald's and go home. Nathan chows down french fries and a cheeseburger and 2 chocolate milks. He was definitely hungry!!!
I make a Walgreen's run to get liquid Tylenol and Motrin an Bud has 2 prescriptions there and I walk out $74.00 later! I had to get milk and of course juice for little man at the grocery store. I get home at almost 8 pm... and Nathan wants to play Bookworm on my laptop- so we sit ad play that for awhile and he starts to get all hot again- 101.2 accoring to our ear thermometer... so we start in on tylenol and I set up the air mattress in his bedroom and that is where I am now. It is 2:29 am and I am layn on the air mattress listening to him snore and checking him for another fever. UG!! So far so good.
My mother is leaving Iowa at 5:45 this morning- to avoid traffic... My mother-in-law is leaving St. Louis this afternoon and coming- why?
Bud got his dr appointment moved to today at 4pm. I go in at 5:45 on Thursday morning for outpatient surgery (female stuff)
so- yes- I am very upset and it sure ain't my stomach!!! I am reminded on a daily basis that God uses us when we are at our deepest... come on God!! Use me- cuz I aint sure I can handle going any deeper- I just am totally broken and empty- and so unsure of life right now. I so want to be taken care of- instead of caring for others- I often ask myself "when is it my turn?" I know it is a huge part of being a mom and wife- but I am so drained- I feel like the absolute bottom of the pit- is where I am at. Our house looks like it too!!!
Well it is time to take little man's temperature... Until I post again....
oh- yes- almost forgot--- I missed out on Picture Day! So I can wait till OCT 28th- and maybe get something done with my hair- if I am still at KSD.

No comments: